Parenting Apps That Make Child Custody In Loudoun County Easier
Child custody arrangements in Loudoun County generally encourage both parents to remain active and involved in their child’s lives. However, implementing a parenting plan, communicating with the other parent, and coordinating various schedules often proves challenging. Our Leesburg child custody attorney highlights parenting applications that can help make these arrangements easier.
Common Issues When Sharing Child Custody
Child custody proceedings address the rights and obligations of each party in cases of single parents and divorcing parents in Leesburg. Typically in Virginia, some degree of shared custody arrangements are generally encouraged and considered to be in the child’s best interests.
In making these arrangements, parenting plans in Loudoun County detail the amount of time the child spends in each parent’s home, rights regarding overnight weekend visitation, extended stays on school breaks and holidays, and transportation arrangements. However, in implementing a shared child custody schedule, there are some common issues that are likely to arise. These include:
- Hostility between the parents, making communications more difficult;
- Busy work and school schedules;
- Coordinating child daycare or other arrangements;
- Unexpected issues, such as when one of the parties gets sick or doctor and dentist appointments.
Parenting Plan Apps Can Help Prevent Problems in Child Time Sharing
Considering the high number of divorced and separated single parents, child time sharing issues are a commonly acknowledged problem. Numerous companies have come forward with products that can help make these arrangements easier.
Among the most convenient are parenting applications that can be downloaded on your phone. According to an August 2022 Parents report, some of the top apps currently on the market include:
- Cozi: This is a free app that allows you to create shared calendars to coordinate schedules, to-do lists for keeping up with homework and other tasks, and photo sharing, to ensure parents stay connected with their children. A paid version allows you to add grandparents, babysitters, and others to the app.
- FamCal: This is another free app that offers the basics, such as shared calendars and to-do lists. However, it relies on a color-coordinated system for families with multiple children and offers in-app texting and voice messages.
- Custody Connection: This is a free app available only on iOS systems. It allows for synchronized schedules and the option of trade requests. It documents responses to these requests and any other changes in arrangements, which could prove useful in future court proceedings.
- Our Family Wizard: This is a paid app that offers calendars, messaging, and other features. One of the unique perks it has is a ToneMeter. This acts as a sort of spell checker, modifying the tone of communications to help keep the relationship civil.
Have Concerns About Child Time-Sharing? Contact Our Loudoun County Child Custody Attorneys
At Schwartz Kalina, PLLC, we provide professional legal representation for parents, creating child custody arrangements that protect their rights and their child’s best interests. Get the trusted legal guidance you need in addressing concerns. Call or contact our Leesburg child custody attorneys online today to request a consultation.